KPMG wins IEBC tender to audit the voters’ register; Chairman Chebukati says the exercise will commence in the next two weeks.
The audit firm says it is ready and has already outlined the methodology and the procedure to be applied to ensure the accuracy of the register in accordance with the criteria for voter registration.
According to the Chief Executive Officer, Mr Josephat Mwaura, the process will be guided by the principles of accuracy, background, and accountability.
“We have already received 19.4 million records from IEBC,” the CEO added.
The process that is expected to begin in two weeks is expected to remove deceased voters and underage registered voters.
KPMG won the tender faced a court battle with the opposition over the process and merit of the tender award.
The opposition had also cited KPMG’s lack of experience in cleaning voters’ registers.
- Toyota Kenya Ventures Into The Car Trade-in Business.
- Joe Ageyo’s Influential Role At Nation Media Group. VIDEO.
- Kalonzo Musyoka Declares ‘Raila Tosha!
- IEBC Appoints Michael Ouma, Crispine Otieno, Ruth Kulundu As Directors.
- Lillian Nganga Shows Off Her Baby Bump, Lights Up Social Media.
- Raila Most Popular Presidential Candidate In Nairobi County- TIFA
- Tedd Josiah: “If You Aren’t Ready For A Relationship, Wait or Play Until you are.”
In cleaning the voter register, the firm will rely heavily on data from the registrar of persons and the national register of births and deaths.
We will keep you up to date with the latest news.